Monday, July 23, 2012

Seedling Gift Card...

Good Morning, It is Katie here today with my latest creation using QKR Stampede Digi Images.

This cut stamp from QKR Stampede is so full of summer it just begs to be bright and cheerful!  I decided it would look fab on a little gift card made to hold some seed packets.



Recipe & Method:
1.  To make the base of the card you need to cut an A4 piece of card down on the long side to 29cm, so you are only cutting off 7mm.  Then score along this long side at 13cm and 16cm.  Flip it around to the short side and score at 5cm.  The 5cm is the part you will need to fold up to make the pocket.  You need to cut out the small middle square and fold and stick down the pocket sides.

2.  Colour and cut the Digi Stamp, then layer it onto Yellow card stock.

3. Mat and layer Yellow card stock to the front of the card, then layer the spotty paper on top.  Stick a strip of Green patterned paper down the centre of the card.

4.  Adhere the ribbon around the card so that it will tie at the outer edges.

5.  Attach the stamped image.

6.  Embellish with sentiment and gardening tools, the gardening tools I used were a Quickutz Die that I have had in my stash for years.

I coloured the image using Promarkers: Sunflower, Canary, Sky Blue, Azure, Pumpkin, Spice, Burn't Orange, Magenta, Forest Green.

The digital image can be found here

This stamp would look great on little notecards, which I am going to try next, no doubt I will post them very soon!

3 comments:

  1. Katie, that is so cute! Beautiful colors, and really imaginative way to package a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful card! I love this image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very adorable and love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete