Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Rose

So today I knew I wanted to share a card with you I made using the Rose Stamp from QKR Stampede....but I had 2 of them that I LOVE, and couldn't decide which to share. So...I thought I would share both. What I like is they are the same color scheme pretty much on both, but look so very different. So here is the first one...This card was made using paper piecing. I stamped the rose on both white CS and the PP from Echo Park. Then I paper pieced the flower and the leaves. I used a marker to color in the rest of the stem and small leaves. Next, I used a stipple brush to go around the rose with olive ink. As you can see I then went a little crazy and did the entire card with the stipple brush...lol. I added some olive ribbon and use the Anniversary Sentiment from the Happy Birthday Stamp set.

For my 2nd card using this stamp I "darkened" things up a bit.

I started by stamping the Rose Stamp on white CS. I then used markers to color it in. Then I grabbed the stipple brush (since it was still sitting on my table calling my name), and went to town with black ink this time. I layered onto some PP from Echo Park. For the ribbon, I wanted pink ribbon, but I felt the pink was just too bright as it was, so I ran the ribbon along the top of my ink pad. I loved the results! (Of course my fingers were a little inky, but hey...lol) Last, I added some pink FlowerSoft to the petals of the rose.


See...same stamp...2 totally different looks! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment