Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lion Kiss

It's Roxie here hoping your weekend will be a great one! 
I'm one of those stampers that loves all types of images but if I had to pick a few favorite themes one would be the wild animals of the world and Lion Kiss would be among them.  It's such an easy image to color and cut out and really stands out against the quick and easy alcohol inks background.
The image was colored with Copic markers: 0, 000, E21.E25, E29, E33.

The background was created with Ranger alcohol inks: cranberry, wild plum, sunshine yellow. For the sun I cut a round piece of felt (if you have round die cuts run it through the machine a couple times to make the cut) loaded it with ink ad placed the felt on the glossy paper and did a twist motion. I save the piece of felt to use again so there may be a color mix of butterscotch ink. I then apply the other two colors and when it’s dry I stamped on the tree images with StazOn Jet Black.

The lion image is attached over the glossy paper background using both tape and Aleene’s tacky glue for corners.

All the yellow panels were ink distressed with Spiced Marmalade Ranger Distress Ink and the brown with Vintage Photo.

The triangles are created with Stampin Up’s photo corners punch and glued to the card then I used the SU mat pack to line up my holes for the Paper Studio brads.

The image panel is attached with foam pop ups.

Images: Biblical ImpressionsLion Kiss, Leafy Tree, Twigs in Snow
Paper: Stampin Up brown, DCWV – dark yellow, Marcos white, unknown glossy cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment