Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall Is "Sticking" Around

I don't know about your corner of the world, but here in northeast Ohio, we had a beautiful Fall weekend (certainly to be one of our last), which inspired me to make this card. I used the QKR Stampede Leaf (#3901) and Hope Forever (#22801) stamps to create this card. The background of my card was stamped with the Leaf stamp and a Kaleidacolor stamp pad. For the focal image, I again used the Leaf stamp with foil and QKR Stampede's new line of Sticky Powder (some of you may recognize this product as Sticky Embossing Powder, or Heat-n-Stick powder). Being that Fall is quickly leaving us, I decided that the Cherish Yesterday sentiment from the  Hope Forever stamp (which is actually a collection of four sentiments) was perfect for this card.
Here is a close-up of the foiled image; as you can see, the result is absolutely stunning!

If you go to the QKR Stampede website and click on the Supplies tab, you will find directions on how to use the Sticky Powder, as well as illustrations of various craft mediums that were used with the Sticky Powder.  I also did a photo tutorial using foil on my stamping blog here.  I don't know about you, but I'm hanging onto these last few Fall days we have and enjoying the last of the colors of Fall ... 

4 comments:

  1. Love how you used your sticky powder! I really love fall and this stamp is one of my favorite.
    Great job with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! How gorgeous is that!!!! Do you just emboss the image with the sticky powder, then rub the foil right on it?? I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is really cool!! i love the glittery leaf! anyway i fount your blog cause dawn sent me!

    ReplyDelete